February 4, 2008

Super Sunday

No, I am not talking about the football game, in fact I didn't even watch the game ( I was passed out from skiing all day and 2 hours of shoveling snow). After dropping Joe off at the airport 35 minutes before his flight, we drove through white out conditions at 6a, I went skiing with my dad at Solitude Ski Resort. It was the most incredible day, we skied run after run of untracked powder. At one point I was up to my waist in Honeycomb Canyon just gliding through the trees. My skis were not even touching the trail. It is the greatest sensation in the world to ski bottomless powder. And...it snowed 17" overnight. The only down side to this is that I arrived home to 10" of snow our driveway. It is only February and we have a 7' snow bank around our driveway and then a 3' snow banks around the perimeter of our property. I wish I had pics buy our small digital camera is in Maine with Joe. You will just have to use your imagination.

No comments: