November 20, 2008

My first Lecture

Wow. So it turns out I'm a babbler. Just got done talking to a class taught by my friend Mark Wooding at my alma mater, Northeastern University. The “lecture” was conducted live via iChat and the built-in iSight camera on my Mac. After straightening out a few minor glitches at the outset, I spoke longer than I had intended and answered a few questions at the end. The Motion Graphics class was gracious and even stayed awake as I delivered a stiff presentation about being a freelance designer (by choice or necessity) and how it can allow you to maintain the flexibility to prioritize your life in a favorable way.

If you’d like to see the cheat sheet, click here for the lecture notes. Thanks to Mark and his Motion Graphics class for their patience and humor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always you were humorous, poignant, and gracious with your time. Thanks again, I may call on you to speak again.

Anonymous said...

What, no effects were used? Joe, you could have been way more effective with the underwater theme going behind you!