November 11, 2009

New Kind of Love

I just got home from going down with Joe to feed Charlie his am feeding. When we entered the NICU we were delighted to see that Charlie was enjoying his new digs, that's right he is now in a bassinet. This also means that he is wearing clothing...we will see how long that lasts at home...and is swaddled up in blankets. He was moved last night after 8 pm and his temperature 12 hours later was 98.8 which means he managed to maintain his body temperature all night long. HIGH FIVE BUDDY!

For the first time I was able to just walk in and pick up my baby boy. You have no idea how amazing that felt. He was wide awake and ready to eat. He is just like a little bird and opens his mouth as if he is saying "OK, ready to eat mommy." This simple act made my day and I can't image what it will be like to have him home and have the opportunity to see all his little quirks and mannerisms.

I have never known a love like this before. I grew up with amazing parents that showered me with unconditional love. I have amazing friends who I know are always there for me. And I have an amazing husband who I love with all my heart and who I look forward to growing old with. But the way I feel about Charlie blows my mind. I would do anything for him and when he looks at me I am complete. He is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I feel so at peace when I hold him.

Charlie in his new bassinet
Charlie in his new bassinet.

My wife is in love with another man.
"Confession: I'm in love with another man."

Charlie sucks ;)
Charlie sucks ;)

3 comments:

Maddy's Mom said...

oh the green binkie!!! or paci as he was known in our house. i know some people are against them, but for us, it was really a wonderful thing and we had one in every room just in case!! :)

Anonymous said...

We're so happy to hear Charlie is making such great progress. I know what you mean about your love towards Charlie.
Love from your friends in Idaho

emilie said...

Awwww, so sweet Sarah! Can't wait to join that club one day. So proud of you guys! xoxox